Monday, February 2, 2015

Sin Is A Motive


Sin is first a motive before it is an action or deed.
If I love God, my motive for every good action/deed is love - because God is love.
If I love myself, my motive for every good action/deed is pride.

Love and pride cannot coexist in a person.
I cannot live for myself and God at the same time.

In God's eyes only deeds done out of love matters - because it is a reflection of our faith in him.

RELEVANT BIBLE VERSES
"All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, But the LORD weighs the motives." - Proverbs 16:2
 
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:8
 
"If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing." - 1 Corinthians 13:3

No comments:

Post a Comment