Sunday, February 8, 2015

My Greatest Battle Is With Myself

The path to self-realization is by moving from self-consciousness to God-consciousness.
I did not create myself; God created me with great love and care.
Hence, the knowledge of my potential and purpose is not with me but with God.

When I try to find the answers to my existence on this planet by searching my mind, I will only become hopeless and desperate.
I exist only in relation to my creator; this means I am created by God and for God - any search for answers outside the entity of God will lead me to nothingness.

As long as I am looking at myself (which is what most of us are inclined to do), I am self conscious. This kind of consciousness does not lead me to the truth and an understanding of what I am created for - because I did not create myself.

As long the I am looking at God (which is what we have to ask God to help us to do because it does not come naturally), I am God conscious.
This kind of consciousness gives me a beautiful revelation of how much I mean to him, how much he loves me, how much he wants for me and so on - because he created me for himself.

I CANNOT MOVE FROM SELF CONSIOUSNESS TO GOD CONSIOUSNESS WITHOUT CRUCIFYING MYSELF.

I CANNOT ATTAIN SELF REALIZATION WITHOUT SELF DENIAL - A PARADOX INDEED!!!

The most difficult obstacle in getting close to my creator is myself. My self wants itself to be exalted, admired and glorified. Unfortunately, the self was created by the creator and any glory that the self has only belongs to the creator. Without God, the self would not have come into existence in the first place.

The greatest spiritual warfare that I will be fighting is surrendering myself to the will of God. This is the greatest battle because it is the root of all sins - the rebellion against God's leadership that started from the garden or Eden where man wanted to be like God.

AS LONG AS I AM LOOKING AT MYSELF, I WILL ALWAYS BE LOST. AS LONG AS I AM LOOKING AT GOD, I AM AT HOME.

RELATED BIBLE VERSES

"For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." - Genesis 3:5

"For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well." - Psalm 139:14

"If you cling to your life, you will lose it, and if you let your life go, you will save it." - Luke 17:33






















 

1 comment:

  1. I like the verse you like the verse you quoted from Luke. And you have written this post very beautifully.

    ReplyDelete