Monday, February 2, 2015

God Wants Us To Choose What Is Good For Us


God wants us to have love; we choose power.
God wants us to have joy; we choose pleasure.
God wants  us to have peace; we choose excitement.
What God wants for us is good for our soul, mind and body.
What we want for ourselves good for our ego and desires.
I cannot choose to have what God wants for me without denying myself (ego and desires).
I cannot deny myself when I am a slave to my pride and desires.
I cannot come out of my slavery without the power of God's spirit working from inside me.
I cannot have the spirit of God inside me when I am full of sin.
I cannot have sin justified without paying the price.
And God out of his great love has sent his dearest son to pay the price, so that we might be justified to receive the spirit that will give us the power to overcome the flesh that is stopping us from having what God wants us to have.

Even when I receive the holy spirit, I can only experience the power of the spirit if I let the spirit take control over the self and not vice versa. - This is a struggle for many of us still.


RELEVANT VERSES
"I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate." Romans 7:15

"Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there." Galatians 5:24

 

No comments:

Post a Comment