Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Getting Beyond Perceptions

What people think of me is not my problem - in fact, it is their problem!

As long as i have got the approval of God, I am free to be the person that I want to be and do the things that i want to do - and safely ignore people's perceptions and opinions.

I am beginning to realize the amazing amount of freedom I have when I let God (rather than the world) define my self-worth, value and identity.

For the world, performance is a criteria for acceptance - but for God, honesty is.

As long as I am honest with God about everything and I am willing to work with him to become the person that he wants me to be, I have freed myself from the jail of 'what will people think about me'!

In the end, God has created me to live for him - he did not create me to live for the world!

RELEVANT BIBLE VERSES
"Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe." -  Proverbs 29:25

"Stop trusting in mere humans, who have but a breath in their nostrils. Why hold them in esteem?" -  Isaiah 2:22

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." - Matthew 11:30

No comments:

Post a Comment